Fine wood carriage house doors
crafted from kiln-dried hemlock fir
The Avalon Series offers a traditional wood stile & rail carriage house doors at extremely affordable pricing.
All The Right Features
Traditional stile and rail joinery featuring mortise and tenon construction, with all joints being glued and pinned together.
All stiles and rails have milled edges for a classic detail.
Easily customized to meet your design needs.
Standard and custom sizes are available.
Grid patterns use true divided lites and window muntin bars.
Our Avalon standard construction includes:
- Kiln-dried hemlock fir frame with a polystyrene foam layer and a plywood backer panel.
- Glazing is double-strength clear glass.
Top Section options
- Arch top
- Custom arch top
- Standard clipped corners (45 degree inset board)
- Customer clipped corners
- Flat MDO panels
- Hemlock plywood flat panels
- Clear, edge-glued Western Red Cedar flat panels (mixed grain, no knots).
- Beaded pine plywood panels
- V-Groove MDO panels
- V-Groove Extira panels
- Raised Extira panels
Trim board options:
- Cross Buck (X-Buck).
- Z-Buck (A-Buck)
Avalon is a hemlock wood door that comes from the factory unfinished or factory primed.
Factory Priming options
- Optional off-white latex primer is applied to all six (6) edits of each door section.
Factory Finishing options
- Unfinished door
- Factory Prime only
- It is important to field finish all six (6) sides of each door section within 72 hours of delivery and before installation.
- We recommend using a high quality, exterior grade, latex paint. Dark paint colors with a light reflectance value (LRV) of 60 or less will void the warranty.
Consider enhancing your Artisan door with one of these available accessories:
- Decorative hardware is a great add-on accessory that is easy to install and enhances the beauty and curb appeal of any door. Follow our link to find out more about the kinds of strap hinges, pulls and latches we offer.
- Window glass options are very numerous, and specialty glass can offer an additional personal touch to your door.
- Door stops and seals can provide a tight seal around your door opening to reduce drafts and water infiltration. Door stops come in a variety of materials and finishes, and the weatherseal can be selected to coordinate with your door finish and house trim colors. See our web page for more details.
It is important to finish your door on all six (6) edits of each section before installation. This seals the edges and will prevent moisture from penetrating the door’s edges. Failure to do this will create maintenance problems for you in the future.
- Every garage door needs an annual inspection to verify the finish remains in good shape and that all hardware is intact.
- It is recommended that the door be washed at least once a year.
- Never pressure wash your door.
Artisan offers a 1-year warranty on manufacturing defects for Avalon doors. Please go to our Warranties page for the full warranty disclosure.
- Doors painted with colors that have an LRV (light reflectance value) of less than 60 will void our manufacturer’s warranty.