Fine composite carriage house doors
for low maintenance and energy efficiency
The Benchmark Series delivers the look of real wood in fine wood composite carriage doors. Benchmark is strong, energy efficient, environmentally friendly, very affordable and comes factory primed for your custom paint finish.
All The Right Features
Low maintenance EXTIRA® performs better than wood or MDF and is naturally moisture, weather, insect, and rot resistant.
Detailed beveled trim.
LVL Core Frame for unmatched strength and low maintenance.
Factory primed for easy finishing (or white latex top coat for ready installation).
High performance urethane core for insulation with an R rating of 9.1.
FSC certified — built from recycled and sustainable materials.
Both standard and custom sizes are available.
- Core frame is LVL (Laminated Veneer Lumber) with urethane foam insulation
- EXTIRA® brand wood composite face frame overlay boards with profiled edges
- Tricoya® brand flat or V-Groove panels
- Exterior-grade, smooth Mahogany plywood interior back
- Simulated divided lite windows with exterior grilles.
- Vinyl bottom astragal with aluminum retainer
Extira® brand composite wood is a product for exterior applications that performs better than wood or MDF. These panels may look like MDF, but they don’t perform like it. Different ingredients and a patented and proprietary manufacturing process lead to a superior performance. Extira® is easy to work with; can be carved, routed and machined. Resists moisture, rot, and termites. Twice as strong as MDF, Extira® is made to be used outdoors. Extira® has a 10-year warranty.
Tricoya® products are manufactured using a revolutionary new process that is widely recognized as the gold standard for creating high performance wood composite products which can be used in extreme weather conditions without the typical wood product issues of cracks, delamination and degradation. Tricoya® panels combine the stability and durability of non-wood materials with all the advantages of wood-composite panels: sustainability, versatility, light weight and ease of use for installation, coating and forming.
- Is resistant to fungal decay
- Is FSC certified and sourced from sustainable sources
- has an extended service life of 25 years for above ground and 50 years for in-ground exterior use that is significantly longer than Extira and MDF.
- has the manufacturing flexibility of MDF
- has lower maintenance costs because of extended periods between exterior coating maintenance
- has improved stability and durability enhances service life of the coating. Damaged coating or core will not impact durability.
- Is non-toxic at its end of life
Top Section options
- Square top – with glass or without
- Arch top – with glass or without
- Custom Arch top – with glass or without
- Clipped corners
- Flat Tricoya panels.
- V-Groove Tricoya panels.
- Herringbone panels, 45 degree orientation to panel V-grooves.
Trim board options
- Cross Buck (X-Buck)
- Z-Buck (A-Buck)
- Cross rails
Benchmark is a paint-grade, wood composite door that comes factory primed. Our finish options are:
- Paint the door yourself. We recommend field application of a high quality exterior paint that is applied prior to installation and that it be applied to all 6 sides of each door section.
- Purchase a factory paint finish using a custom paint color of your choice or choose from our in-house standard colors shown below.
Please note that any Benchmark door that leaves our factory primed only, MUST be finished on all 6 sides/edges BEFORE INSTALLATION in order to maintain the warranty.
Consider enhancing your Artisan door with one of these available accessories:
- Decorative hardware is a great add-on accessory that is easy to install and enhances the beauty and curb appeal of any door. Follow our link to find out more about the kinds of strap hinges, pulls and latches we offer.
- Window glass options are very numerou,s and specialty glass can offer an additional personal touch to your door.
- Door stops and seals can provide a tight seal around your door opening to reduce drafts and water infiltration. Door stops come in a variety of materials and finishes, and the weatherseal can be selected to coordinate with your door finish and house trim colors. See our web page for more details.
Your Benchmark door is made from quality composite wood products that have been manufactured to give you years of minimal maintenance and up-keep.
Every door needs some kind of regular maintenance. The final color of your door will also determine the kind of maintenance you will need to provide. Learn more at our Care & Maintenance page.
- We recommend an annual inspection to ensure your paint finish continues to provide an uninterrupted sealed coating to prevent the intrusion of moisture.
- Follow the directions from the paint manufacturer for touch-up and general maintenance.
- Remember that darker paint colors will fade faster and more noticeably than lighter colors.
Please go to our Warranties page for the full warranty disclosure. The summary of warranty periods is as follows:
- Artisan offers a 3-year warranty on Benchmark doors.
- Track & Hardware: (3) three years from date of installation by an authorized Artisan Dealer.
- Factory Finish: (1) one year from date of factory shipping.
Calculate your free estimate.
Enter your information below for a free estimate. Please keep in mind that estimates are subject to change.