One of our most economical carriage house doors
just introduced in 2016.
The Benchmark 2 Series delivers a low maintenance and energy efficient overhead garage door with the simulated look of a carriage house style door. Benchmark 2 is made with an industry leader composite wood product that stands up to tough weather.
All The Right Features
This new door has been designed to deliver a quality, wood door that takes a paint finish and will look beautiful for years to come while not breaking your budget.
Our streamlined construction methods offer great flexibility of design for a carriage-style door while offering the benefits of reduced cost for a unique door for your home.
A total wood door that is made from engineered lumber and recycled and sustainable wood composite materials
All our Benchmark 2 doors are factory primed a neutral color to make the final color application easier whether its done in the field or in our factory.
Standard and custom size doors are available. Our doors are made to order to fit your opening.
Our standard Benchmark 2 construction includes:
- Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) core frame for unmatched strength and low maintenance
- Low maintenance EXTIRA brand face that performs better than wood or MDO and is naturally moisture, weather, insect, and rot resistant.
- Smooth Mahogany plywood interior back
- High performance urethane insulation with an R rating of 9.1.
- Simulated divided lite windows with exterior grilles.
- Beveled edge trim, panel, and window details
- FSC certified — built from recycled and sustained materials
- Factory primed for easy finishing.
- Vinyl bottom astragal with aluminum retainer
Extira® brand is an engineered wood-composite product for exterior applications that performs better than wood or MDF. These panels may look like MDF, but they don’t perform like it. Different ingredients and a patented and proprietary manufacturing process lead to superior performance in exterior comditions. Extira® is easy to work with and can be carved, routed and machined. It resists moisture, rot, and termites. Twice as strong as MDF, Extira® is made to be used outdoors and comes with an extended warranty. Bottom line is it makes a beautiful, wood-like door surface for a paint finish.
Standard Design Choices (included in our base price):
- Square or standard arch top
- Solid top or double strength clear window glass with traditional, rectangular lite grilles
- Standard Panel options include:
- V-Groove panels
- Flat panels (flat recessed panels are available in Benchmark)
- Simulated raised panel
- Trim board options include:
- Cross Buck (X-Buck)
- Z-Buck (A-Buck)
- Cross rail(s)
- Factory primed
Upgrade Options (not included in base price):
Benchmark 2 is a paint-grade, wood composite door that comes factory primed. Our finish options are:
- Paint the door yourself. We recommend field application of a high quality exterior paint that is applied prior to installation and that it be applied to all 6 sides of each door section.
- Purchase a factory paint finish using a custom paint color of your choice.
Please note that any Benchmark 2 door that leaves our factory primed only, MUST be finished on all 6 sides/edges BEFORE INSTALLATION in order to maintain the warranty.
For more information go to Door Finishes.
Please note that a field application of a high quality exterior paint is required prior to installation in order to comply with the terms of the warranty.
Consider enhancing your Artisan door with one of these available accessories:
- Decorative hardware is a great add-on accessory that is easy to install and enhances the beauty and curb appeal of any door. Follow our link to find out more about the kinds of strap hinges, pulls and latches we offer.
- Window glass options are very numerous, and specialty glass can offer an additional personal touch to your door.
- Door stops and seals can provide a tight seal around your door opening to reduce drafts and water infiltration. Door stops come in a variety of materials and finishes, and the weatherseal can be selected to coordinate with your door finish and house trim colors. See our web page for more details.
Your Benchmark 2 door is made from quality composite wood products that have been manufactured to withstand many years of exposure to the sun and weather while needing minimal maintenance and up-keep.
- We recommend an annual inspection to ensure your paint finish continues to provide an uninterrupted and sealed coating to prevent the intrusion of moisture.
- Remember that darker paint colors will fade faster and more noticeably than lighter colors.
- Follow the directions from your paint manufacturer for touch up and general maintenance. Check our Care and Maintenance page if you had a factory applied paint finish.
Please go to our Warranties page for the full warranty disclosure. The summary of warranty periods is as follows:
- Artisan offers a 3-year warranty on Benchmark 2 doors for material defects.
- Track & Hardware: (3) three years from date of installation by authorized Artisan Dealer.
- Factory Finish: (1) one year from date of factory shipping.