A very economical, vinyl carriage house door
A new product line introduced in 2016
The Prelude 2 Series delivers a low-maintenance vinyl overhead door with the simulated look of a carriage doors. It is energy efficient, and very affordable. Our Prelude 2 door comes as unfinished white PVC, which can be finished in light colors or you can elect an upgrade option that provides a door able to handle darker paint colors.
All The Right Features
Our newest door combines the strength and performance of an insulated steel core frame with the low maintenance ease of a vinyl face.
Together, steel and vinyl offer an excellent, low-maintenance door with design flexibility to complement any home.
Dark paint colors challenge the performance of many doors, but our Hi-Temp composite upgrade makes even a black finish possible with our new Prelude 2.
The bright white interior door surface is a great addition to any garage and work space and with minimal, visible interior door hardware, it reduces strain on door hardware, springs, and the operator system for your door.
Standard and custom sizes are available. Remember our doors are made to order for your opening.
Our Prelude 2 standard construction includes:
- Low-maintenance cellular vinyl face that is naturally moisture, weather, insect, and rot resistant
- Beveled edge trim, panel, and window details
- Double-sided insulated steel core frame for unmatched strength and low maintenance
- High performance polystyrene insulation with an R rating of 7.8
- Bright white, baked-on polyester enamel paint finish on back of door
- Simulated divided lite windows with an exterior grille
- No visible fasteners enhance the appearance
Our Prelude 2 comes standard in white, cellular vinyl. It can be left unfinished or painted in light colors that have an LRV (light reflectance value) of higher than 60. Vinyl gets very hot and retains heat when exposed to the sun. This creates problems for darker paint finishes that have an LRV of less than 60.
High-Temperature Urethane Upgrade
Do you want a darker color? No problem. We offer a material upgrade from our stand vinyl to our high-temperature urethane face. This product can handle the temperature swings that are created by exposure to the sun on a dark color paint finish. With this upgrade, you can choose any manufacturers darker colors for your door.
Please note that some of our Artisan Standard Paint colors require the high-temperature urethane upgrade, should you select one of our standard colors.
Standard Design Choices (included in our base price):
- Square or standard arch top
- Solid top or double strength clear window glass with traditional, rectangular lite grilles
- Standard Panel options include:
- V-Groove panels
- Flat recessed panels
- Simulated raised panel
- Trim board options include:
- Cross Buck (X-Buck)
- Z-Buck (A-Buck)
- Cross rail(s)
- Factory primed
Upgrade Options (not included in base price):
Prelude 2 is an unfinished, white cellular PVC door and does not have to be painted. Our Hi-Temp urethane upgrade is primed, but we recommend factory finishing it.
- Leave the door unfinished.
- Paint the door yourself.
- Purchase a factory paint finish and select from our lighter standard paint colors or select any custom color with an LRV greater than 60.
- Purchase the high-temperature urethane upgrade and select a dark paint color for factory finish, with an LRV of 60 or less.
Window Grey Almond White Taupe
The colors below require the high-temperature urethane upgrade option.
Brown Charcoal Green Bronze
Consider enhancing your Artisan door with one of these available accessories:
- Decorative hardware is a great add-on accessory that is easy to install and enhances the beauty and curb appeal of any door. Follow our link to find out more about the kinds of strap hinges, pulls and latches we offer.
- Window glass options are very numerous, and specialty glass can offer an additional personal touch to your door.
- Door stops and seals can provide a tight seal around your door opening to reduce drafts and water infiltration. Door stops come in a variety of materials and finishes, and the weatherseal can be selected to coordinate with your door finish and house trim colors. See our web page for more details.
Your Prelude 2 door is made from quality materials, vinyl or high-temperature urethane, that have been manufactured to withstand many years of exposure to the sun, weather, water and more, while needing minimal maintenance and up-keep.
- We recommend an annual inspection to ensure your paint finish continues to provide an uninterrupted and sealed coating to prevent the intrusion of moisture.
- Remember that darker paint colors will fade faster and more noticeably than lighter colors.
- Follow the directions from your paint manufacturer for touch up and general maintenance. Check our Care and Maintenance page if you had factory applied paint finish.
Please go to our Warranties page for the full warranty disclosure. The summary of warranty periods is as follows:
- Artisan offers a 3-year warranty on manufacturing defects.
- Track & Hardware: (3) three years from date of installation by authorized Artisan Dealer.
- Factory Finish: (1) one year from date of factory shipping.