Easy maintenance with the look of real wood
Rhapsody Series is the premier faux wood carriage house door, replicating the rich look of wood but with the practicality of a low maintenance composite. Few doors are as attractive and durable as the Rhapsody. Our factory-finished exteriors minimize frequent staining and painting, looking great for years to come.
All The Right Features
Our stunning, wood-look, low maintenance doors use composite overlay boards that are molded in the subtle textures and patterns of Sapele Mahogany wood and then are precision milled with beveled edges to add elegant detailing.
Lightweight composite facing reduces strain on door hardware, springs, operator systems and the amount of visible interior hardware on your door.
Insulated double-sided steel frames are very strong and have a bright white, baked-on paint finish that brightens the inside of any garage.
Our low maintenance combination of steel frame and composite face resists moisture, cracking, insects and decay and requires minimal upkeep.
Our special Faux Wood precision-engineered heat-reflective finishes minimize solar heat gain and excel for installations in beach, lakefront, and coastal locales.
Standard and custom door sizes are available.
Click to view a larger size image.
Our standard Rhapsody construction includes:
- Core frame is double sided, 24 gauge steel insulated flush frame with baked-on paint finish
- Composite overlay face boards are mechanically-fastened together using hidden pocket screw holes for weather tight joints, then are bonded to the steel core frame.
- Foam insulation contributes to energy efficiency with a total calculated R-Value of 9
- Simulated divided lites feature an exterior grille with beveled edge milling for a rich, architectural detail.
- Window grilles are composite, interlock together with the sub-frame and have milled beveled edges.
- Hidden fastening techniques provide a clean and mark-free exterior surface
- Bright white interior steel panels.
- Standard window glass is double strength clear glass.
- Square kerf accentuates the look of a swing, trifold or bifold door.
- Bottom astragal is an aluminum retainer with rubber seal.
Core Frame Upgrade Option:
- Increase the R-Value of your door with an R-16 insulated steel core frame.
- Includes bright white interior and finger-protected section joints.
Our urethane composite is manufactured to the highest quality standards.
- It far exceeds the performance of wood without any aesthetic compromise.
- Edges are sharp, clean, and offer the true authentic look of wood.
- It will not rot, will hold paint better than wood, and provides lower maintenance over the life of the product.
- It comes factory primed with a high emulsion exterior latex paint that is chemically bonded during manufacture and will not peel or crack.
- It is made from water-based, environmentally friendly products.
- Can withstand the high temperatures from sun exposures on surfaces facing south and/or west as well as from dark paint finishes.
- Can be finish coated with any high quality, 100% acrylic latex exterior paint.
Top Section Upgrade Options:
- Insulated, Tempered or Specialty glass
- Arch Top, Artisan Standard radius with simulated divided lites or solid top (no glass).
- Custom Arch Top with simulated divided lites or solid top (no glass).
- For more information about your window options go to Design Elements – the About Lites tab.
Panel Options & Upgrades include:
- V-groove panels
- Flat panels
- Raised recessed panels
Unique to our Rhapsody series of doors, the Raised recessed panel is an Artisan solution to providing the elegance of a raised panel-look for our doors.
Decorative Trim Board Options:
- Cross Buck (X-Buck)
- Cross rails
Consider one of our factory finishing options for your Rhapsody door:
- Artisan’s Faux Stain paint finish offers the look of wood without the maintenance of real wood. We offer 10 wood–look colors to choose from
- Designer White, our in house factory applied white
- Custom Paint colors: We recommend painting a color that has an LRV that is greater then or equal to 20 in order to maintain our warranty. If doors are south and/or west facing and painted with a color that has an LRV less than 20, it will void out warranty.
- Unfinished: Our Rhapsody doors are primed and can be field finished, however we do not recommend a field applied finish and it will void our warranty.
Faux Stain Paint Finish Colors:
Please go to Door finishes page for more details on our faux stain paint finishes.
Consider enhancing your Artisan door with one of these available accessories:
- Decorative Hardware is a great add-on accessory that is easy to install and enhances the beauty and curb appeal of any door. Follow our link to find out more about the kinds of strap hinges, pulls and latches we offer.
- Window glass options are very numerous and specialty glass can offer an additional personal touch to your door.
- Door stops with seals can provide a tight seal around your door opening to reduce drafts and water infiltration. Door stops come in a variety of materials and finishes, and the weatherseal can be selected to coordinated with your door finish and house trim colors. See our web page for more details.
Our Rhapsody doors are made from quality materials, which are expected to withstand many years of exposure to the sun, weather, water and more, while needing minimal maintenance and up keep.
- We recommend an annual inspection to ensure the finish remains consistent across the entire door face, (no variations in shine or surface quality).
- When the door finish loses it sheen on any part of the door, it is time to apply a clear, protective top coat to prevent irreparable degradation of the factory finish. We recommend Helmsman Spar urethane, a high-quality exterior polyurethane, in a gloss of your choice.
- Check our care & maintenance page for more details.
Please go to our Warranties page for the full warranty disclosure. The Quartet comes with:
- Composite Overlays: (5) FIVE years from date of factory shipping for delamination.
- Steel Frame: Limited lifetime warranty on steel base sections against rust-through, not due to damage and scratching, from date of factory shipping.
- Track & Hardware: (3) THREE years from date of installation by AUTHORIZED Artisan Dealer.
- Factory Finish: Finish and delamination (5) FIVE years from date of factory shipping.
Calculate your free estimate.
Enter your information below for a free estimate. Please keep in mind that estimates are subject to change.