Custom true swing or slider doors
are custom designed to complement your home and fit your opening.
Artisan’s True Swing/Slider/Slab doors are real carriage style doors, custom made to your exact requirements. Using rigorous construction techniques and old world craftsmanship, our doors can beautifully complement your home, barn or garage.
All The Right Features
Consider investing in a pedestrian door that matches your overhead door in both style and materials.
Our doors can go anywhere and be made in any size. Pedestrian doors or ovesized true swing for your garage - we have made them all. Start a conversation with us about your needs.
We offer the beauty of real wood or the convenience of low maintenance materials.
True arch top doors are a beautiful option, and we can craft a true arch jamb to match your door. .
Jambs and casings can be ordered to match your door and a beautiful layer of finish to your opening.
True Swing, Slider & Slab
All our true swing, slider or door slabs start with our basic wood frame that includes:
- Our proprietary core frame system that will not warp, twist or bow.
- Exterior frame overlay has milled edges to add elegant detailing.
- Urethane foam core frame insulation.
- Internal frame blocking for your door hardware requirements.
- Standard interior door face Matches Exterior. *Plywood on B2, Vinyl on P2
- Bottom rail is designed to shed water away to preserve the wood frame and panels.
- Standard window glass is tempered glass.
- Simulated divided lites or true divided lite windows.
- Exterior face options include the beauty of real, select wood, vinyl or composite. Check out materials for more derails.
All our swing, slider or slab doors start with the same proprietary core frame. The next consideration is the selection of material for the exterior of your door, that includes:
- Wood Composite that relies on Extira and Tricoya to provide a long lasting, superior paint-grade door exterior.
- Real wood – select from our standard woods or order a custom wood species.
- Vinyl offers a low maintenance option with the ability to withstand harsh environments
- Composite overlay face also offers a low maintenance alternative to wood and can be finished in a Faux Stain paint finish that looks like wood.
- Edges are banded with material that matches your door overlay face.
- Look at Door Materials for more information on your choices.
Keep in mind the door finish may be limited according to the finish material selected for your door, and LRV values will be an important consideration. Please refer to Door Finishes for more information.
Top Section Upgrade Options:
- Insulated, Tempered or specialty glass
- True Divided Lites with individual panes of glass with an integral sash that provides added durability.
- Arch Top, Artisan Standard radius with simulated divided lites or solid top (no glass)
- Arch Top, Custom arch radius with simulated divided lites or solid top (no glass)
- Arch Top with true divided lites, Artisan standard radius
- Arch top with true divided lites, Custom arch radius.
Wood Panel Options:
- Flat panels
- Tricoya® brand, paint grade
- Solid wood
- Tongue & Groove panels
- Flush T&G
- V-Groove T&G
- Beaded T&G
- Tricoya® brand V-Groove panels, paint grade
- Raised panels
- Extira brand raised panels, paint grade
- Solid wood raised panels, limited to 12” wide or less
- Solid wood raised Flush T&G panels, panels over 12” wide
- Herringbone panels
- Alternating width T&G panels, wood doors only
- Matching interior face of door (Our standard is a smooth mahogany plywood panel.)
Low Maintenance Material Panel options:
- Vinyl options are:
- Flat panels
- Beaded T&G
- V-Groove panels
- Raised Panels
- Urethane options are:
- Flat panels
- V-groove T&G
- Raised recessed panels
- Cross Buck (X-Buck).
- Z-Buck (A-Buck)
- Cross rail (s)
- Sprung Diagonal Boards
- Chamfered Edges on wood doors only
Your finish options for a true swing door, sliding door or door slabs depends upon the materials you selected for the door exterior. Please refer to our door series pages for finishes based on your choice of exterior face materials:
Wood Composite – Go to Benchmark finishes tab for details on options.
Real Wood – Go to Medallion finishes tab for your options on finishing your wood door.
Vinyl – Go to Symphony for your options, under the finishes tab.
Composite – Go to Rhapsody for more details on the Faux stain paint finish, on the Finishes tab.
Consider enhancing your Artisan door with one of these available accessories:
- Decorative hardware is a great add-on accessory that is easy to install and enhances the beauty and curb appeal of any door. Follow our link to find out more about the kinds of strap hinges, pulls and latches we offer.
- Window glass options are very numerous, and specialty glass can offer an additional personal touch to your door.
- Door Stops and seals can provide a tight seal around your door opening to reduce drafts and water infiltration. Door stops come in a variety of materials and finishes, and the weatherseal can be selected to coordinate with your door finish and house trim colors. See our web page for more details.
Every door needs some kind of regular maintenance. The amount of sun exposure a door gets during the year will be a critical factor in the amount of regular maintenance your door needs.
Please go to our Warranties page for the full warranty disclosure. The summary is as follows:
- True Swing: Wood Door sections: (1) ONE year from date of factory shipping.
- Factory Finish: (1) ONE year from date of factory shipping.