Affordable Composite Garage Doors
Benchmark delivers the look and feel of real wood in an affordable, energy-efficient, and eco-friendly package. However, because it is a composite garage door it is moisture-, insect-, and rot-resistant, along with being extremely low maintenance.
Why Choose Benchmark?
- Solid Hem/Fir wood frame offers unmatched strength and durability.
- Low-maintenance Extira® outperforms wood and medium-density fiberboard (MDF).
- Attractive detailed beveled trim adds sophistication and visual appeal.
- Factory primed for easy finishing or a white latex topcoat for quick installation.
- Approved for dark paint color application.
- High-performance urethane core with a 9.1 R-value for outstanding insulation.
- Forest Stewardship Council-certified and built from recycled, sustainable materials.
- Standard and custom sizes available to fit new construction or your remodeling needs.
What It’s Made Of
Benchmark is built with a wood composite exterior and features an LVL core frame, urethane foam insulation, and Extira® or Acre® wood composite face frame overlay boards with profiled edges. Unfold each section of the menu below to learn more about available upgrades.
- Available with our Benchmark and Benchmark 2 series.
- Extira® brand composite wood is designed for exterior applications and outperforms both wood and MDF due to a patented, proprietary manufacturing process.
- Extira® is easy to work with and can be carved, routed, and machined using traditional woodworking tools.
- Extira® comes with a 10-year warranty and resists moisture, rot, and termites.
- Available with our Benchmark Series.
- Tricoya® brand panels combine the stability and durability of non-wood products with all of the advantages of wood composite panels.
- These benefits include sustainability, versatility, lightweight construction, and ease-of-use for installation, coating, and forming.
- Tricoya® can be used in extreme weather conditions without the cracks, delamination, and degradation associated with most wood products.
- Available with our Benchmark SP Series only.
- Acre® is a composite material made mainly from recycled rice hulls combined with PVC.
- This material can be used for exterior and interior as trim, panels, and decking.
- Stains and paints must have a Light Reflective Value (LRV) above 60 to be used on Acre®.
Finishes & Colors
Benchmark is a paint-grade composite garage door that comes factory primed for your convenience. You can learn more about your finish options below.
Benchmark and Benchmark 2 Finishing Options
- Paint the door yourself. We recommend field application of high-quality exterior paint that is applied prior to installation on all six sides of each door section.
- Purchase a factory paint finish in the color of your choice.
Any Benchmark door that is primed only before leaving our factory must be field-finished on all six sides before installation in order to maintain the warranty.
Benchmark SP Finishing Options
- Colors with an LRV value above 60 are permitted.
- Colors with LRV 59 or less require Heat Reflective paints and stains and are available from Artisan.
- 10 standard dark stain colors are available from Artisan. Contact us for custom colors.
Customize Your Door
We offer a variety of customization options to help you design the composite garage door of your dreams. Unfold each section of the menu below to learn more about available upgrades.
- Square top (with or without glass)
- Arch top (with or without glass)
- Custom arch top (with or without glass)
- Clipped corners
- Standard or Square Arch
- Square Top
- Custom Arch Top
- Standard Arch
- Square Top
- Flat Tricoya® panels
- V-groove Tricoya® panels
- Herringbone panels (45-degree orientation to V-groove panels)
- V-groove panels (Optional Herringbone V-groove panels)
- Flat panels
- Simulated raised panels
- Flat Acre® panels
- V-groove Acre® panels
- Raised Acre® panels
All Benchmark Series
- Cross bucks (X-bucks)
- Z-bucks (A-bucks)
- Cross rails
Get An Instant Quote
Get an instant quote in just two easy steps on any of our Benchmark Door Series using our cost calculator.
Want To Learn More?
Download the Benchmark brochure to learn more about these elevated carriage house-style garage doors.