Prelude 2 Series
Vinyl Garage Door
Prelude 2, our affordable vinyl garage door, simulates the look of traditional, carriage house-style garage doors, but it’s actually made from easy-to-maintain cellular vinyl. That means it’s naturally moisture-, weather-, insect-, and rot-resistant for an extended lifespan.
Why Choose Prelude 2?
- Built on an insulated steel core frame for strength and long-lasting performance.
- Attractive, low-maintenance vinyl garage door with the design flexibility to complement any home.
- Tricoya® composite upgrade overcomes the challenges associated with darker paint colors.
- Bright white interior door surface is a great addition to any garage or workspace.
- Lightweight product that reduces strain on door hardware, springs, and automatic openers.
- Standard and custom sizes available to fit new construction or your remodeling needs.
What It’s Made Of
The Prelude 2 series combines a double-sided steel core frame with a cellular vinyl face that’s adorned with beveled edge trim, panel, and window details. Unfold each section of the menu below to learn more about available upgrades.
- Can be left unfinished or painted in light colors with a light reflectance value (LRV) higher than 60.
- Vinyl gets very hot and retains heat with sun exposure, which can create problems for darker paint colors.
- Tricoya® can handle high heat created by sun exposure, making dark colors possible.
- Choose any manufacturer’s darker paint colors for your garage door.
- Dark paint colors below LRV 60 require an upgrade to Tricoya® material.
Finishes & Colors
Prelude 2 is an unfinished, white cellular PVC door and doesn’t need to be painted. Our Tricoya® composite upgrade comes primed, but we recommend factory-finishing it. You can learn more about your finish options below.
- Leave the door unfinished.
- Paint the door yourself.
- Select any custom color with an LRV greater than 60.
- Upgrade to Tricoya® and select a factory-finished dark paint color with an LRV of 60 or less.
Customize Your Door
We offer a variety of customization options to help you design the Prelude 2 door of your dreams. Unfold each section of the menu below to learn more about available upgrades.
The following standard design choices are included in the base price of your door:
- Square or standard arch top
- Solid top
- Double-strength, clear window glass with traditional, rectangular grille lites
- Standard panel options include:
- V-groove panels
- Flat panels
- Simulated raised panels
- Trim board options include:
- Cross bucks (X-bucks)
- Z-bucks (A-bucks)
- Cross rails
- Factory primed
The following design upgrades are not included in the base price of your door:
- Herringbone V-groove panels
- Tempered, insulated, or specialty glass
- Custom arch top
- Mullioned lites
- Custom-designed panels and window grilles
- Custom-designed doors
- Decorative hardware
- Matching doorstops
Get An Instant Quote
Get an instant quote in just two easy steps on our Prelude 2 Door Series using our cost calculator.
Want To Learn More?
Download the Prelude 2 brochure to learn more about this elevated carriage house-style garage door.