Genuine Wood Garage Doors Designed Your Way
Our finest all-wood door, Medallion delivers the elegance and beauty that only a real wood product can bring to your home. These handcrafted doors start at an affordable base price and can be upgraded and customized to meet your exact standards.
Why Choose Medallion?
- Can be stained or painted to complement your home’s unique style and color scheme.
- Stain-grade doors are available in a variety of standard, select wood species.
- Custom wood species can easily be accommodated, depending upon design and availability.
- Standard and custom sizes available to fit new construction or your remodeling needs.
What It’s Made Of
The Medallion series combines a solid hem/fir stile and rail core frame, a urethane-insulated foam core, and smooth mahogany luan panels. Unfold each section of the menu below to learn more about available upgrades.
The paint-grade base model includes the following:
- Standard solid hem/fir wood frame with smooth, marine-grade plywood pressure-laminated to the frame.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified Red Grandis full-thickness overlay face frame and trim boards.
- Tricoya® exterior-grade flat wood composite panels (up to four on a single door and eight on a double door)
- Douglas fir
- Western red cedar
- Spanish cedar
- Sapele mahogany
- Tricoya® V-groove panels
- Red grandis tongue & groove (T&G) panels in your choice of beaded, flush, square, or V-groove T&G
- Extira® raised panels
- Sapele mahogany overlay frame and T&G panels on any T&G profile
- Spanish cedar overlay frame and T&G panels on any T&G profile
- Western red cedar overlay frame and T&G panels
- Frame overlay boards in custom wood species
Finishes & Colors
Because it’s made from real wood, Medallion offers the greatest variety of custom finishing options. You can learn more about your finish options below.
- If you opt for an unfinished door, ensure it’s finished on all six edges before installation in order to maintain the warranty.
- Factory primed with two coats of primer applied on all six sides of each door section.
- Custom paint color or Artisan standard paint color, including two coats of primer and two coats of your final color. Any Medallion door of any wood species can be painted.
- Sansin Envirostain – See Available Colors
- Faux stain paint, which is only available for red grandis face frame and panel options.
- Endura® stain finish, which is only for doors with upgraded wood species face frames and panels. These include Western red cedar, Spanish cedar, sapele mahogany, red grandis, and most custom wood species.
- Faux stain paint finish for complete red grandis doors only.
Customize Your Door
We offer a variety of customization options to help you design the Medallion door of your dreams. Unfold each section of the menu below to learn more about available upgrades.
- Insulated, tempered, or specialty glass
- True divided lites with individual glass panes and integral sash
- Arch top (standard or custom radius) with simulated divided lites
- Arch top (standard or custom radius) with true divided lites
- Arch top (standard or custom radius) without windows
- Custom ellipse top with simulated lites
- Add up to eight panels on a single door and 16 on a double door
- Tricoya® V-groove panels
- Flat or raised solid wood panels
- Solid wood tongue & groove (T&G) panels with beaded, V-groove, square, or flush edges
- Raised flush T&G wood panels
- Herringbone Tricoya® V-groove panels
- Herringbone solid wood T&G panels
- Alternating width solid wood T&G panels
- Vertical or horizontal T&G orientations
- Herringbone panels
- Diagonal panels
- Cross bucks (X-bucks)
- Z-bucks (A-bucks)
- Cross rails
- Sprung diagonal boards
- Chamfered edges
- False center posts
- Wide center beads
Want to Learn More?
Download the Medallion brochure to learn more about this elevated carriage house-style garage door.
Want a Free Estimate?
Use our Door Cost Calculator tool to get a free estimate for your Medallion door!